San Jose, CA
A medical device company in San Jose, CA is seeking a Sr. Program Manager that will utilize a wide variety of technical experience, medical device capital equipment experience, and Program Management expertise to work with cross functional project teams that are focused on the delivery of a next generation dialysis system and associated accessory products. The Program Manager develops, defines and executes project plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables and identifies needed resources for projects and programs. He/She monitors the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with vendors, contractors, external customers or field-based employees on program and technical matters, as needed and assigns and monitors work of project/program staff, providing technical support and direction.
- Develops, monitors and controls project/program schedules, scope and budget/resources.
- Manages project associated risks including prioritization, escalation and resolution of the identified
- Establishes strong, cross-functional and cross-business relationships that encourage horizontal thinking and collaboration.
- Conduct technical reviews with project teams and functional leadership to ensure program scope is being
- Identifies, incorporates and supports project management best practices in company-wide
- Ensures a smooth flow of information as well as rapid responses to project requirements. Develops strategy for identification of project risks and subsequent mitigation
- Collaborate with company functional leadership to define resource requirements to meet project timelines.
Bachelor’s degree required; technical field strongly preferred
PMP (Project Management Professional) certification required or agreed plan to achieve PMP certification.
8+ years of increasing level of responsibility within industry-related product line management, project management, program management, and/or engineering roles.
MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required.
Experience with Agile or similar document control system.
Experience with medical capital equipment; fluidics design/molded plastics design experience preferred.
Excellent working knowledge of Medical Device Design Control and Manufacturing regulations
Proven track record of taking multiple products from concept to market with demonstrated success
Excellent communication and organization skills required
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management and to manage complex technical programs
Strong leadership skills including the ability to engage and motivate teams representing multiple viewpoints to achieve business objectives.
Strong change management skill; ability to formulate change management strategies and lead others to rapidly adapt to changing conditions or unexpected obstacles.
Outstanding written and interpersonal communication including the presentation of complex programs to various customer and stakeholder groups at all levels.
Ability to make timely decisions in the absence of complete information and under tight deadlines and pressure, while looking ahead to anticipate future opportunities and challenges.
Proven ability to influence across multiple business functions and organization levels.
Ability to balance complex priorities and competing stakeholder needs with composure.
Strong customer focus and commercial intuition.
Ability to quickly understand and navigate the organizational structure.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.