Quality Control Inspector
The Incoming QC inspector will be responsible for incoming inspection activities related to material for new product introduction and sustaining activities. QC Inspector will perform inspections for incoming product following company standards and standard sampling procedures ensuring material meet requirements. QC inspector will support and work closely with Quality, Supply Chain, Logistics, and Engineering groups to ensure inspections and associated documentation are performed per company/regulatory requirements and schedule/priorities. QC inspector shall follow good documentation practices and ensure quality standards are met per company policies. May monitor and execute on-site equipment and tools calibration..
- Perform visual and mechanical inspection on injection mold parts, precision machined parts, sheet metal, cable assemblies, printed circuit board assemblies and packaging materials to determine compliance with specifications.
- Execute packaging line, manufacturing inspections and sampling and testing of incoming components and raw materials to ensure that company standards are met.
- Monitors critical equipment and instrumentation.
- May draft procedures and assist with validating or troubleshooting testing methods and inspection equipment.
- May apply approval or rejection labels to bulk raw materials once analytical data is evaluated.
- Ability to professionally interact and work with other work groups within the company and resolve any issues relating to incoming inspection without supervisory approval.
High School diploma or GED
Minimum of 4 years of related experience
Incoming inspection experience with hardware materials
Ability to use inspection equipment such as caliper, micrometer, gauges, and optical vision systems.
Prefer 2+ experience with programming Micro-Vu optical vision system
Understands mechanical drawings and working knowledge of inspection sampling plans.
Able to follow testing and inspection procedures.
Basic understanding of Control Charts and other SPC tools that will be used to track performance as well as the performance of our suppliers.
Detail and quality oriented
Strong Computer knowledge with ability to use basic functions for Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Experience with Access, PowerPoint, and Visio a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to work in an office environment and Ability to lift a minimum of 20lbs.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.