A manufacturing company in Fremont, CA is looking for a Quality Inspector to carry out incoming material quality inspection and work with QA supervisor and respective engineers to disposition non-conformance material/parts accordingly, perform in-process quality assurance activities and final product quality inspections, and support quality related improvement activities and initiatives accordingly.
- As a skilled specialist, use the following inspection tools: calipers, ring gage, microscope, etc. and inspect procedures and prints using quality standards to complete a wide range of tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Work on assignments requiring judgment and initiative.
- Determine and develop methods and standard operating procedures to complete new assignments.
- Provide guidance and training to other QA Inspectors.
- Understand implications of work and make recommendations for solutions.
- Work on tasks assigned by QA Supervisor and follow/revise standard operating procedures to complete assignments where applicable. •Complete data entry and data retrieval in QA databases when required.
- Perform test procedures on power supplies or electronic circuit board.
- Work with engineers and manufacturing personnel to ensure effective inspection and testing procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Manage and update inspection plan and criteria accordingly and improve on inspection process through data analysis.
- Perform periodic internal quality audits and participate in CI projects.
High school diploma or equivalent required plus a minimum of 6 years of QA inspection or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
Must have excellent communication skills.
Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
Familiar with GDT (Geometrical Dimensional Tolerance)
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) is highly preferred
Shall be able to lift and transfer 10-50 lbs. on a continuous basis.
Mechanical assembly inspection experience is a plus.
Must be able to inspect at least 11 lots per day in Receiving Inspection.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.