Reagent Manufacturing Chemist - swing shift
A biomedical manufacturing company is seeking a reagent manufacturing chemist to support their swing shift schedule. The company needs a highly motivated experienced individual with reagent production experience. You will be responsible for manufacturing and testing all reagents. You will need to follow established documentation outlining the process, formulation and test requirements to manufacturePCR-based reagents in compliance with standards for GMP's. Work as a Reagent chemist and be responsible for manufacturing the diagnostic reagents. Perform the formulation of buffers and wet reagents. Perform in process, release and LSP testing. This job involves hard work, flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. This Job requires knowledge of GMP’s and working in compliance with FDA and ISO standards.
- Formulate lyophilization buffers and wet reagents
- Perform dropping the lyophilization reagent beads
- Experience handling liquid nitrogen
- Perform in-process, release & LSP testing of reagent beads
- Involved in the validation of manufacturing process and new products
- Involved with the problem solving and hand-on laboratory investigation
- Strong team player – flexible and wiling to assist the other team members
- Knowledge of reagent bead dropping & lyophilization process
- Must be able to Train new personnel on the manufacturing process
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with peers, ME, PT, Supervisors, Managers and Leads to report any issues or provide feedback on the process improvements
- Assist Supervisor to update build schedule
- Submit the work order completions
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Science and 2 years’ experience
Experience in real time PCR and analytical methods
Require effective interpersonal and communication, written and verbal skills.
Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Experience with SAP
Proficiency with Microsoft office / Computer skills
Posing a team player. Focus in continuous improvement methodologies, and lean manufacturing principles.
Highly motivated, team oriented and excellent problem-solving skills
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of technical and professional personnel.
Able to thrive in an atmosphere of shifting demands and priorities
Performs internal support duties including, housekeeping, material stock control, updating and review controlled SOP and worksheets.
Appropriately discarding expired reagents, recognizing and reporting process and equipment anomalies
Adheres to safety standards and identifies unsafe situations/ habits and escalates appropriately.
Maintains work production areas according to predefined standard (5s).
Understanding of laboratory best practices.
Proficiency in Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), RT-PCR, DNA/RNA quantitation, spectrophotometer UV/Vis, HPCL, Lab scale, Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) and wet reagents formulation.
Software proficiency: Microsoft Office
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.