A semiconductor manufacturing company in Milpitas, CA is seeking a Receiving Inspector to join their manufacturing team. Receiving inspectors monitor and inspect all incoming parts, assemblies, accessories and materials to ensure quality of items and order accuracy. This includes opening boxes and personally counting and examine items for defects in materials, work, and damage occurring in transit.
- Compares quantity and part number of items received with procurement data and other specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of order.
- Visually inspects parts according to product specifications. When needed, measures items for dimensional accuracy, fit, alignment, and functional operation, according to blueprints, parts manuals, and specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Approves or rejects items, and records inspection and disposition information.
- May inspect outgoing and production parts and materials to ensure proper packaging, and item accuracy before shipments.
- May prepare inspection procedure outlines for reference use in subsequent inspections, using data obtained from drawings, internal specifications, and other reference documents.
- Inspects and measures items for dimensional accuracy, fit, alignment, and functional operation, according to drawings and parts specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
Junior College graduate and taken at least first level of Physics and Mathematics.
At least 1 years’ experience as an Inspector or the equivalent related experience.
Must read and understand drawings using the geometric tolerancing and dimensioning system.
Prefer familiarity with manufacturing process and procedures.
Have knowledge on engineering drawing. Aptitude to technical information and product.
PC experience – MS Office (Word, Excel, and PPT). Experience with Oracle or other product management system/database is a plus.
Ability to pay attention to details and communicate clearly.
Immediate availability for hiring is essential.
May need to lift up an object up to 10 lbs.
Ability to work in a clean room environment.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.