A semiconductor manufacturing company in Milpitas, CA is seeking a receptionist to support their administrative needs. Under general supervision, you will provide a variety of moderately difficult receptionist and administrative duties in support of the Department of Human Resources, which may include confidential and sensitive material and situations.
- Represents company's image by receiving and directing visitors, employment applicants, and customers to appropriate locations and parties.
- As the first point of contact with all the expectation in this role is to have exceptional aptitude, appearance, knowledge and professional experience.
- Projecting a courteous, patient, helpful and positive attitude when dealing with visitors and/or the public.
- Operates a telephone system. Screen and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Monitors and maintains a visitors’ log and issues badges when necessary.
- Manages the master schedule for conference rooms.
- Notifies personnel of visitor arrival. Uses company intranet, paging or other computer-based systems.
- Helps plan and coordinate internal employee events.
- Additional duties may include filing, sorting, mail distribution and completing special clerical projects, photocopies and assembles confidential materials and/or packages.
- May act as a courier for messages, and packages for in-house and outgoing mail deliveries.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Prepares outgoing mail, weighing, calculating postage and posting letters and parcels. Records postage charges and renews postage meter as required.
- Provides specialized administrative support, coordinates activities between departments and outside parties. Contacts company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports.
- Provides administrative support to the human resources function in the areas of HRIS/compensation/benefits, staffing/employment, employee relations, and/or organizational development (OD) and training. Maintains employee files.
- Inputs employee personal data into human resources information/computer system (HRIS) database. Processes various forms related to documenting human resources activities such as new-hire, change-of-status, performance evaluations, benefits, terminations, etc.
- Provides information to employees on matters pertaining to their personal employee information.
Associates degree preferred. Possession of a high school diploma, GED or recognized equivalent, required
4 – 6 years of general experience. HR support experience preferred
Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
Strong communication and people skills
good organizational and multitasking abilities
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.