A biotech manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is looking for a Research Associate to join their biotechnology group. This position is primarily a bench level job focusing on real time PCR and RT-PCR assay and product development in an FDA-QSR and ISO9001 compliant organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in general molecular biology methods. In addition to technical qualifications, the ideal candidate will be highly goal-oriented and be able to respond to shifting demands and priorities and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. The ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment is crucial.
- Optimize sample preparation, real time PCR and RT-PCR assays for the GeneXpert platform based on design input requirements.
- Help develop strategies for development of complex in vitro diagnostic tests.
- Maintain detailed experimental records.
- Apply analytical problem solving skills to reagent and system integration issues to identify critical performance factors.
- Present data at technical meetings.
- Provide input to the project schedule as required.
BS with 2 to 3 years of experience, or MS with 1 to 2 years of experience at a molecular diagnostics company, public health laboratory or similar institution.
Experience working with microorganisms involved in infectious diseases. Experience with bacterial and yeast culture will be a plus.
Real time PCR or RT-PCR and product development experience.
Must possess skills/knowledge in handling clinical specimens and be able to work in a BSL-2(+) environment.
Ability to work in a clean room environment.
Excellent documentation and communications skills.
Proficiency with standard Microsoft computer programs.
Experience with design of experiments methods desirable.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.