A biomedical manufacturing company located in Sunnyvale, CA is seeking a Research Associate to join their Infectious Disease department. This position is in the Biotechnology R&D group and is primarily a bench level entry position focusing on real time PCR and RT-PCR assay and product development in an FDA-QSR and ISO9001 compliant organization. The candidate will have experience in general molecular genetic methods (Non-protein small molecule biology) while demonstrating excellent laboratory techniques, scientific creativity, and ability to adapt in a fast moving, cross-functional, and collaborative environment. In addition to technical qualifications, the ideal candidate will be highly goal-oriented, organized and be able to respond to shifting demands and priorities. The candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Research and develop molecular diagnostic tests for Viral Hemorrhagic Fever (VHF) or other infectious agents on the company's platform.
• Preparing buffer reagents to support and optimize RT-PCR conditions.
• Optimize sample preparation, real time PCR and RT-PCR assays for the company's platform.
• Apply analytical problem solving skills to reagent and system integration issues to identify critical performance factors.
• Handle clinical samples and help perform microbiology work of various micro-organisms and tissue cultures.
• Help develop and write verification and validation SOPs and technical reports.
• Maintain detailed experimental records.
• Present data at weekly technical meetings.
• Provide input to the project schedule as required
Jr./Sr. of current undergraduates from accredited universities or recent B.S. degree in Microbiology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology (or related discipline)
Minimum 1 year of wet lab experience in molecular diagnostic/pharmaceutical companies, public health laboratories or biomedical research institutions or universities.
Possess excellent basic and sterile laboratory techniques.
Experience working with micro-organisms involved in infectious diseases.
Experienced in molecular biology techniques including nucleic acid extraction, RT-PCR, BLAST, and DNA sequencing.
Experienced in BSL-2(+) viral culture and oligo design will be a plus.
Experienced in RT-PCR product development and familiar with design of experiments (DOE) methods are highly desirable.
Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
Excellent documentation and communication skills.
Proficient with standard Microsoft Office programs.
Ability to work in various laboratory environments, including in a Clean Room & BSL-1/2(+) Lab.
Ability to handle blood or other bodily fluid.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.