Sales Operation Specialist
A biomedical manufacturing company located in Sunnyvale, CA is seeking a Sales Operation Specialist to join their team.
- Quote & Contract Administration and Management
- Provide business process and operations support to a specified Sales Region in the closure of commercial agreements for the company.
- Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies and serve as an escalation point to business partners.
- Process all quote and contract requests per policy guidelines, obtaining approvals as necessary.
- Attend the weekly sales ops & legal meeting to ensure all non standard contracts and pricing issues are addressed appropriately.
- Coordinate Rental and Lease agreements of equipment through Third Party Banks.
Data Management & Analysis
- Prepare, manipulate and analyze reports, including moderately complex spreadsheets from SAP and SFDC databases.
- Create simple to complex data reports, graphs, figures and analysis for use by internal and external customers.
- Assure data accuracy and completeness in operational work, reports, files and databases.
- Support Marketing & Sales Management with the data accuracy of databases to support revenue growth.
- Receive, incorporate and disseminate information to sales teams regarding contract updates, pricing, promotions and related policy changes.
- Provide documentation and Salesforce.com training and support to North America Sales team.
- Coordinate activities which require special handling to ensure delivery commitments are met, communicates order status, and related items as required.
- Respond to suggestions that influence changes to sales proposals based on industry experience and business acumen.
Other Responsibilities (Projects & Ad hoc Support)
- Provide back-up support to team members as needed.
- Provide Salesforce.com training to sales team.
- Prepare and present weekly Regional Sales updates utilizing SAP AND Salesforce.com reports.
- Focus on continuous process improvement of Sales Operations through collaborative system automation projects and the documenting of process enhancements.
- Effectively engage with external customers and partners, lenders and internal departments including sales, marketing, legal, finance, shipping, planning, technical support, service, and other departments as business needs require.
- Provide ad hoc reports to team members, Manager and other departments as requested.
Education or Experience (in years):
S./B.A. is desired or equivalent combination of education/training and work experience.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a fast paced Sales support or account management role in the Medical Device industry, or high volume manufacturing environment.
Knowledge and skills:
Knowledge of: Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO’s) and Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN’s) is a plus.
Superior skills with a commitment to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Proven ability to function in a collaborative manner.
Professional written and verbal communication skills.
Professional telephone etiquette and ability to effectively engage with internal or external customers, peers and management.
Acquainted with reviewing and comprehending customer sales agreements, proposals, purchase orders, and related information with minimal guidance.
Attention to detail.
Effective problem solving skills.
Excellent data entry skills to quickly and accurately review and input data.
Ability to work well under pressure, manage priorities with minimal guidance, and maintain professionalism during stressful situations.
Self-motivated, confident, and dependable with solid follow-up skills.
Ability to exercise good judgment, initiative and assertiveness.
Possess an outgoing, positive, team player attitude with a strong work ethic.
Ability to follow procedural guidelines and respond to and/or research customer concerns/inquiries with urgency and accuracy and minimal supervision.
Ability to work in an office environment.
Ability to travel domestically up to 10% of time.
Preferred Requirements (optional):
Intermediate knowledge in ERP and CRM systems such as SAP and Salesforce.com.
Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook a plus.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.