A biomedical manufacturing company is seeking a Scientist I to joining their Biotechnology group.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help develop a real-time PCR assay for the company's platform for the detection of Bacillus anthracis
- Optimize reagent and assay bead formulation for assays in the company platform based on design input requirements.
- Apply analytical problem-solving skills to reagent and system integration issues to identify critical performance factors for assay development.
- Handle samples and perform microbiology work of BSL-1 and BSL-2 organisms, including BSL-2 strains.
- Works well both independently with minimal guidance and in a team environment.
- Maintains detailed experimental records.
- Helps develop and write verification and validation SOPs and technical reports.
- Present data at technical meetings.
- Allocates time and resources efficiently, effectively prioritizes, and continually seeks ways to meet individual, team and corporate goals.
Education or Experience (in years):
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of related work experience or MS with 3+ of experience, or PhD with 0 to 2 years of experience at a molecular diagnostics company, public health laboratory or similar institution.
Knowledge and skills:
Experience working with micro-organisms involved in infectious diseases.
Real time PCR or RT-PCR and product development experience.
Experience in the execution of Design Verification studies.
Experience with design of experiments (DOE) methods desirable.
Ability to work in a clean room environment.
Excellent documentation and communications skills.
Proficiency with standard Microsoft computer programs.
Excellent documentation and communication skills.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.