A molecular diagnostics company in Sunnyvale, CA is seeking a Scientist to join their team!
This position is in the Biotechnology group and is primarily a bench level job focusing on real time PCR and RT-PCR assay and product development in an FDA-QSR and ISO9001 compliant organization. This position requires patient, well organized, efficient, highly collaborative, skilled, and meticulous associate who can juggle and prioritize multiple tasks with minimal impact on the projects time lines and cost. The candidate will Initiate, direct and execute all pre-clinical scientific research and/or development strategies in research and/or development. The ideal candidate will be highly goal-oriented and organized, investigate the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems. The candidate will plan and execute laboratory research, demonstrate appropriate technical proficiency, scientific creativity. The candidate will also collaborate within and outside Cepheid to acquire required test material and when needed will resolve issues to move project with minimal impact on time line. The preferred candidate will maintain broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles, theories and is expected to be able to thrive in an atmosphere of shifting demands and priorities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform rigorous analytical studies required for assay development
- Ability to perform complex sequence alignments and data analysis from Sanger sequence and whole genome sequencing result outputs
- Design and screen primers and probes for Infectious disease pathogens assays
- Optimize sample preparation microfluidics, reagents and assay bead formulation for real time PCR and RT-PCR assays
- Handle clinical samples and perform microbiology work of BSL-1 and BSL-2 organisms.
- Help develop and write verification and validation SOPs and technical reports.
- Maintain detailed experimental records.
- Apply analytical problem solving skills to reagent and system integration issues to identify critical performance factors.
- Present data at technical meetings.
- Allocate time and resources efficiently, effectively prioritize, and continually seek ways to improve individual and corporate efficiency.
- Be highly goal-oriented and organized and be able to thrive in an atmosphere of shifting demands and priorities.
BS or MS with at least 2-3 years of molecular diagnostic industry experience, public health laboratory or similar institution or University.
PhD with at least 1 year of molecular diagnostic industry experience, public health laboratory or similar institution or University
Knowledge and experience in IVD assay development with experience in bacterial/viral assay development
Experienced in interpreting and analyzing large scale experimental data as well as results from clinical trials.
Real time PCR or RT-PCR and product development experience. Familiarity with antibiotic/drug resistance in bacteria.
Must possess skills/knowledge in handling clinical specimens and be able to work in a BSL-2 environment.
Excellent documentation and communications skills.
Proficiency with standard Microsoft computer programs.
Physical requirements/abilities: Ability to work in a research laboratory environment which includes periods of bench-work and working in a bio-safety cabinet. Ability to work in a clean room environment
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional): Knowledge of working with fastidious microorganisms
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.