A medical device manufacturing company is seeking to add a Senior Accountant onto their US Accounting team. The Senior Accountant will ensure timely and accurate reporting of the Company’s financial statement, financial analysis and statistics to senior management and our parent company
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a co-administrator for master record maintenance around GL Accounts, Cost Centers and Profit Centers. Responsible for ensuring related cross mappings to internal and corporate reporting.
- Assist in implementation of new accounting tool for task management including month close checklist, journal entry tracking and balance sheet reconciliation tracking.
- Own and manage the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statistics submission to Corporate. This will include to ensure they are complete and accurate.
- Be the backup of the financial reporting to Corporate.
- Responsible for review balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist Director of Accounting in monthly accounting close activities
- Act as a key player in reviewing and ensuring monthly global reporting and accounting close of financial information in accordance with GAAP and company policies.
- Extract details and prepare ad hoc reports and analysis for management.
- Manage statutory reporting, audit and tax.
- Demonstrate and maintain a positive customer service focus to both internal and external customers. This position will work cross functionally with our parent company, FP&A, tax, cost accounting, IT, subsidiaries and external accounting firms.
- Continuously identify and develop solutions to drive process efficiency.
- Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, maintaining updated documentation on polices/procedures and providing recommendations as appropriate.
- Assist in system enhancements, implementations and other special projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
Minimum of 5+ years practical work experience and familiarity with area of account reconciliations and financial reporting
Team player and self-starter
Strong technical skills including knowledge of US GAAP and sound understanding of financial statement mechanics
Solid understanding of general ledger and reporting systems such as SAP, BPC and Hyperion
Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
Ability to understand issues, demonstrate resourcefulness and pro-actively resolve problems and management multiple projects in a timely manner
Able to handle confidential information in a mature manner
Solid organization skills: task prioritization and effective time management
Ability to communicate effectively and influence individuals in various functional areas and different levels of the organization
Mid-to-advanced PC skills using Outlook, Word and Excel (ability to perform pivots, V-lookup and other functions)
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS: CPA preferred and Big 4 audit experience preferred
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.