Senior Consolidation Accountant
A manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant of Consolidation to help ensure that the monthly consolidation is completed timely and accurately. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a global, multi-currency entity with relevant hands on experience in the area of intercompany accounting, revaluation, translation, eliminations and consolidations. This role requires the candidate to have good technical skills and to be experienced in strategic and analytical thinking with a firm emphasis on attention to detail. You will need to have the ability to work and communicate your work clearly with various groups and staff/management of all levels.
• Perform period-end financial close responsibilities including: Working with different subsidiaries , trial balance reviews, journal entries, reconciliations, flux analysis, revaluation and translation.
• Perform in-depth analysis of diverse finance and accounting data; ensuring all transactions are in compliance with current company policies & procedures, GAAP, and regulatory/industry guidelines and requirements.
• Conduct high level analysis of the general ledger account(s) with an emphasis on the substance of assigned balance sheet accounts; providing an essential contribution to month-, quarter-, and year-end closings of the general ledger account(s).
• Assist Consolidations & Reporting Manager with monthly elimination entries and consolidations.
• Owns master record maintenance in SAP for global Accounts, Cost Centers and Projects.
• Publishes monthly report of changes in accounts and Cost Centers and ensure proper sign off of all changes.
• Works with Consolidations and Reporting Manager to oversee statutory audit and tax compliance of foreign subsidiaries.
• Investigate and resolve any accounting issues or questions within area of responsibility.
• Backup for maintaining monthly FX in SAP using published rates.
• Demonstrate and maintain a positive customer service focus to both internal and external customers. This position will work cross functionally with Parent Co, other finance team members, tax, subsidiaries and outside accounting firms.
• Assist in analysis of the CTA account and functional currency gains/losses.
• Assist with special projects related to statutory reporting, audit and tax etc.
• Extracting and preparing ad hoc reports for management.
• Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, maintaining updated documentation and providing recommendations as appropriate.
• Recommend and review proposed process improvements. Explore modification and implementation of changes in systems and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA a plus
8+ years of related experience
SAP, BPC and HFM experience preferred.
Strong verbal and written skills along with solid interpersonal skills
Strong technical skills including knowledge of GAAP and sound understanding of financial statement mechanics.
Able to handle confidential information in Able to handle confidential information in a mature manner
Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
Ability to multi-task
Ability to understand issues, demonstrate resourcefulness and pro-actively resolve problems and manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
Strong analytical & problem-solving skills to research and resolve inquiries and respond in a timely manner.
Solid organizational skills: task prioritization and effective time management.
Mid- to advanced PC skills using Outlook, Word, Excel (ability to perform pivots, V-lookups and other functions with Excel)
For more than thirty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.