Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Develops manufacturing processes, process improvements, and provides related technical support.
- Manage manufacturing related projects and coordinate activities with various internal and external suppliers.
- Conceive, design, develop and implement new production lines to manufacture products. Products range from sub-components to final assembly of finished good product.
- Develop manufacturing process designs and coordinate with tooling and equipment sources for construction and validation.
- Review assembly operations, component designs, and corresponding details to verify manufacturing feasibility.
- Capacity planning and strategy development for manufacturing processes. Work with tool sources to verify tool and/or assembly and/or testing construction.
- Assist with capital and tooling analysis, strategies, justification and acquisitions. Interface with peers, suppliers, and industry organizations to research and develop new process designs and technology concepts.
- Support teams with quotes and assistance to the manufacturing, quality, development, and program staff, as required.
- Attend training sessions, seminars, and conferences to expand job knowledge and skills repertoire.
- Support and adhere to corporate policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management or related technical degree. Knowledge of Automation Engineering and/or Robotics Engineering preferred.
Minimum of 10 years manufacturing engineering work experience.
Program/project management experience required: must demonstrate leadership, team work, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
Self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations.
Working knowledge and application of Lean Six Sigma.
Ability to lead and function in a team environment, while effectively communicating across various levels of the organization.
Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Certification
Knowledge of Plastics Processing
Injection Molding experience
Commercial mechanical assembly experience
Solid Works and AutoCAD computer software experience
Basic Machine shop knowledge
Compensation includes: competitive salary
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.