Senior Software Engineer
A biotech manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (GUI) to be a both an individual contributor and as a team lead in the design/development of medical diagnostic applications including the UI framework. You will be part of a team re-architecting the code base and redesigning the UI framework for next generation SW products. This is a great opportunity to truly own your area of expertise and to have a huge impact on the new products.
- Design, implement and maintain UI and UI framework for medical diagnostic application software.
- Be part of a software engineering team that develops software for commercial products, manufacturing test systems and in-house research.
- Projects will involve mostly GUI design, mathematical data analysis, data acquisition and storage, Ethernet and USB communications, and instrument control.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists and other engineers.
- Work well in a team environment, and also work well with customers on multiple levels (leadership and non-leadership).
- Adhere to software development and source control processes.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical discipline and a minimum of 8 years of UI design/implementation experience (Web-based, Mobile, etc.)
Ability to work across all layers of the application, from back-end databases through to the UI
Working knowledge of database relational design, schema design and data normalization
Exceptional design and programming skills; solid understanding of concurrency, threading, and data structures
Demonstrated knowledge of automated testing (e.g., JUnit) and experience with test-driven development
Experience in Gap Analysis of existing software to current and future designs; ability to evaluate criteria and exercise judgment in selecting techniques to obtain results
Ability to handle multiple, time sensitive projects and activities simultaneously and effectively
Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, curious, accountable and flexible
Ability to communicate complex technical issues and design to peers and cross-functional teams including scientists, technical support and other engineers.
Ability to produce thorough documentation that meets regulatory/methodology requirements.
Solid leadership skills and highly motivated to lead and mentor other engineers.
Experience in ISO and FDA regulated environments, and medical diagnostics instrument related software design
Experience developing GUIs with Java or Web technologies
Experience with backend/middleware development
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.