Service Technician II
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
A biomedical manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is seeking a service technician to service existing customers' hardware products.
- Performs depot-site servicing, repair and recalibration of company product(s).
- Diagnose mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures.
- Performs batch records completion (DHR), as per company Quality procedures.
- Troubleshoot, repair and recalibrate Cepheid instruments following approved and standard procedures.
- Provide clear and concise documentation for all work in accordance with company procedures and ISO/QSR requirements.
- Record depot order activities in company ERP System (SAP).
- Comply with ISO 13485 requirements and maintain effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Complete accurate service records both electrically and manually..
- Perform visual final inspection following approved procedures.
- Order/replenish parts for service workshop.
- Ability to take on multiple tasks within the Service Repair Center, superficially with multiple company product-lines.
- Consistently delivering throughput requirements on a daily basis, as defined by the Management.
- Participates with quality systems and quality improvement as directed by the Manager.
- May be required to write PDR or NCR as directed by Manager.
- Determines most effective repair/resolution to minimize customer down time.
Education or Experience (in years):
2-year degree in electronics or engineering or equivalent experience.
2 to 4 years of related experience.
Knowledge and skills:
Knowledge and experience with electromechanical assembly.
Experience with troubleshooting and repair of medical devices.
Very organized and customer service oriented.
Must have sufficient manual dexterity with small hand tools (such as screwdrivers, pliers, and tweezers).
Reliable and dependable.
Ability to work independently.
Experience or ability to work with other electronics test equipment (such as an Agilent Data Acquisition Meter).
Ability to read and follow process procedures, work instructions, job standards and related information.
Possess basic computer and software skills (including keyboard and mouse, MS Office, Database, etc).
Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Must be able to stand for several hours. Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional):
Experience in electromechanical assembly.
Experience with SAP or similar ERP systems.
Knowledge of standard industry practices in technical writing.
Experience developing content for HTML, PDF, and other online formats.
Experience with databases, database administration, and related technology.
Experience with database navigation and querying with SQL and PL/SQL.
Experience with Microsoft Office.
Experience with topic-based writing.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.