Software Development Test Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
A biomedical manufacturing company is looking for a Software Verification Test Engineer to join our product software team to perform verification testing on molecular diagnostic applications. As a verification test engineer, you will use your strong technical background to work with product management and engineering to define test strategies, organize testing processes, and optimize system level testing through creative and comprehensive test methods.
- Work real-time with product owners and engineering teams on test design and implementation.
- Define strategy for system level testing and test optimization, including test automation, and create and champion new internal processes to scale testing coverage.
- Review software documents such as requirements and design documents
- Create, implement and maintain test plans, test cases/test protocol, requirements traceability, and test reports.
- Communicate testing and product quality status to various levels of the organization.
- Find and thoroughly report bugs, track fixes, and verify bug fixes.
- Perform ad hoc and exploratory testing to find defects before the product is in the hands of users.
- Follow up on defects and regressions to improve product quality and providing input on factors that influence product excellence
- Able to create test scripts for internationalization, and localization testing as needed.
BS degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
5+ years of software test engineering experience with system level software testing of desktop based applications, Web applications, and Android applications, including cross-platform testing (browser, OS, hardware).
Able to independently create test strategies and test plans, build comprehensive end to end system functional test protocols, and execute full system-level verification for a software system.
Possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, must be self-motivated, willing to learn new concepts, technologies and products quickly
Have strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills, as well as dedication to quality software and customer satisfaction
Experience working as a software system test engineer completing verification testing on a safety-critical regulated product (i.e. med device)
Experience working in fast-paced environments and successfully working on multiple products simultaneously as test lead or the only test engineer on a complete software system.
Experience with Accessibility, API and/or Performance testing.
Experience building automation frameworks and/or test infrastructure from scratch, with writing and running automation scripts and summarizing results in the context of the system as a whole
Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills, with meticulous attention to detail that extends beyond written and verbal communication
Demonstrate understanding of software system architecture.
Experience using SQL to query transactional databases required.
Experience with working knowledge of Java and Angular languages
Experience with writing test scripts using web service protocols such as REST, HTTP, XML, Json.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.