Software Verification Test Engineer
A medical device company in Sunnyvale, CA is seeking a Software Verification Test Engineer to join their team! You will be responsible for planning, developing, and execution of automated and manual test scripts in software engineering department. you will use your strong technical background to work with product management and engineering to define test strategies, organize testing processes, and optimize system level testing through creative and comprehensive test methods. Applies analytical skills and independent judgement in resolving software issues in coordination with software engineers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with software development team to understand product requirements and to create corresponding test plan, test designs\test protocols, and build test strategies for the project.
- Assist product owners in refining the definition of acceptance criteria for user stories
- Design, develop and execute functional test cases, according to standard operating procedures
- Responsible for conducting manual tests to ensure the software created by developers fits its purpose.
- Ensure the software meets the intended requirements and software specifications, and all established quality standards specified in the test plan.
- Work collaboratively with the software development team to review test cases for completeness.
- Record, report and verify software defects in defect tracking tool
- Ensure that all best practices and enterprise standards are followed
- Responsible for documenting traceability matrices and Verification Report
- Work collaboratively in a Scrum development environment
- Be knowledgeable in QSR and Part 11 regulations
Education or Experience (in years):
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
3+ years’ of software testing experience and developing test plans, traceability matrixes, test cases, and test protocols
Ability to understand functional/technical specifications
Experience Testing Mobile applications
Working knowledge of SQL to query transactional databases required.
Possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, must be self-motivated, willing to learn new concepts, technologies and products quickly
Experience in executing automated test suites for performance Testing.
Exposure to FDA/ISO requirements for documentation
Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities required.
Ability to establish solid business relationships and work effectively in a dynamic team environment.
Additional Job Description Second Language
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional):
Experience working as a software test engineer completing verification testing on a safety-critical regulated product (i.e. med device)
Experience in Medical device industry is a plus
Experience working in fast-paced environments and successfully working on multiple products simultaneously as test engineer on a complete software system.
Passionate about testing, improving healthcare, and the future of connected devices technology
Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills, with meticulous attention to detail that extends beyond written and verbal communication.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.