Stockroom Assistant/ Receiving Coordinator
A medical device manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is seeking a Stockroom Assistant/ Receiving Coordinator to join their Automation Engineer team to provide support to the technicians.
The Automation Engineering Group is looking for an experienced Stockroom Assistant/Receiving Coordinator to fulfill the duties of ordering, receiving, kitting, and managing inventory for the Automation Engineering department and ensuring effective and efficient management, integration, and continuous improvement of Supply Chain management processes and technologies from vendors through to customers and joint venture partners.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Logistics planning and forecasting needs for products and services as well as distribution plans.
- Selecting and establishing vendor relationships, and then obtaining the desired value as well as defining and implementing strategy and process changes that improve turnaround times for optimal procurement of goods and services.
- Accountable for the logistics, warehousing and storage of products.
- Import/export roles with responsibility for the efficient and economical movement of goods (e.g., materials, products, equipment) in accordance with organizational policies and in compliance with relevant local, country and international customs laws and processes.
- Able to create and keep accurate inventory of items.
- Ability to be organized and to keep inventory, deliveries, and parts in order and accounted for.
- Parts tracking and kitting parts into totes.
- Researching and updating associates when asked about parts deliveries, availability, and ETA dates.
- Able to use a pallet jack to accurately and safely maneuver pallets containing items.
High School degree (or equivalent experience)
4 years of direct related experience
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and able to create and edit spread sheets.
Must have good English communication skills (speaking, understanding, writing, reading)
Must be highly organized and able to motivate
MS Office 2010 (Excel, Word, Outlook) and general computer literacy
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Must be a self-starter, team player, work well with others and have a positive attitude
Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy
Must have ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Must be available and willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines as needed
Physical requirements/abilities: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to stand for several hours. Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.