Supply Chain - New Product Introduction Program Manager
A biotech manufacturing company in Sunnyvale, CA is looking for a material and supply chain program manager for new product introduction and sustaining product planning, drive design for cost and manufacturability, manage product cost, supplier requirements, data based decision making, Risk Buy and Tooling decisions, manufacturing and supply chain readiness (capacity, continuity of supply, capability, Agreements), and manufacturing quality. Dynamic BOM stability and change management. Work closely with category managers to align long term strategic plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Forms and leads cross-functional supply chain operations teams comprised of Supply Chain, Category Management, Supplier Quality, Mfg Engineering, Supplier Engineering, Planning, and other members as required.
- Define sourcing strategies and sourcing plans for new products, including recommendations for new supplier selection & evaluation as part New Product Introduction.
- Serves as single point of contact to the Supply Chain team to confirm supplier and production readiness in terms of production capacity and approved critical parts manufacturing prior to key product milestones
- Manages the transition of new products from development to pilot production then to volume production.
- Analysis of total cost of goods for each project with extended analytics in make versus buy decision criteria.
- Leadership in adhering to the product development process of test and verification as part of the product release process.
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead and influence supplier selection and guide alignment to a sustainable long term supply chain and manufacturability.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.