Technical Support Assay Specialist
A biomedical manufacturing company is seeking a Technical Support Specialist who will specialize in assay related customer service cases. The successful candidate is primarily responsible for providing technical support to the company's customers and distributors for high complexity cases, including data analysis for the company's product lines and instrument systems. The Technical Support Specialist will have a background in laboratory practice to best support the company's customers with inconclusive results and superior problem solving and analytical skills.
- Provides phone and e-mail support on all product lines.
- Documents customer reported complaints in the complaint management system.
- Follows procedures to ensure adequate complaint handling into call tracking database.
- Follows procedures set forth in ISO regulations and QSR for medical device.
- Conducts preliminary investigation and data collection for technical problems of diverse scope.
- Escalates complaints to the Senior Technical Support Specialist as necessary.
- Serves as a product specialist (i.e. super-user, subject matter expert) in at least one product line and serves as trainer, resource, and mentor to other staff.
- Represents Technical Support in project and/or operations teams and communicates contributions and findings back to Technical Support.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Technical Support Manager.
B.S. or M.S. in Science or Clinical Laboratory Science.
3 years of relevant experience in Assay Development or as a Medical Laboratory Technician/Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
2 years of Customer Service experience preferably in Technical Support
Good understanding and ability to follow complex procedures and processes.
Knowledge of molecular diagnostics.
Knowledge and application of commercial computer application packages (MS Office, IE, etc.).
Knowledge of CRM software, for example Salesforce
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Outstanding troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly changing environment.
Self-motivated, organized, and with strong attention to detail.
Flexible to work different shifts, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.