A technology company in Milpitas, CA is looking for an experience Technical Writer.
Job duties include:
- Explain technical/mechanical ideas in clear and concise language.
- Collaborate with multiple technical groups in order to consolidate information necessary for document.
- Create and update user documentation for a variety of products, including procedures and instruction manuals.
- Gather information, photographs, and drawings from SMEs [Subject Matter Experts] to create procedures for Manufacturing and Field Service.
- Write policies and procedures in established templates.
- Submit draft documents to SMEs for feedback and redlines.
- Adjust copy as necessary and proofread for grammar and spelling.
- Release documents following final approval through an established ECO process.
- Provide updates and different editions as necessary.
- Expertly manage version control of documents.
- Maintain matrices that gauge tasks accomplished weekly.
Must have at least an Associate’s Degree and minimum of 2 years of experience as a Technical Writer.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, PowerPoint), OpenOffice Calc
Experience in Adobe Framemaker 8 and Adobe Acrobat a huge plus
Photo editing skills
Excellent communication skills
Familiarity in working with style guides.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.