San Jose, CA
A technology company in San Jose, CA is looking for a Technical Writer that will research, write, layout, illustrate and edit technical product documentation for new and existing products. The types of documentation may include marketing white papers and product data sheets, engineering processes and specifications, technical support field bulletins, and product documentation including Software Release Notes, Installation Guides, User’s Guides, and Reference Guides, and other company documentation.
- Generates product documentation plans based on the product MRD and PRD that best communicate the technical and customer requirements.
- Gathers information from ATI users and technical staff for product related documentation.
- Writes overviews of product features in simple and complete terms that are understandable by a layman.
- Describes the step-by-step process to configure and use products through written explanations and illustrations.
- Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Generates and improves departmental tools, guidelines and standards to improve the quality and efficiency of writing product documentation.
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree. English or Technical Communications is a major plus
Must have at least 5 years of direct experience in writing technical manuals
Experience with hardware product installation and user’s guides
Expert user with Adobe Frame Maker, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat
Experience with Dream Weaver and Fireworks is desirable
Must have an ability to complete and deliver technically accurate, high-quality documentation within specified deadlines
Must have strong verbal and written (English) communication skills
Must be able to work independently on assigned projects from conception to completion with minimum supervision
Must be able to contribute to the generation and improvement of existing departmental standards and procedures
Must be able to conform and adhere to existing departmental standards and procedures
Be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.