Temp Sr. Buyer
A biomedical manufacturing company located in Sunnyvale, CA is seeking a temporary Sr. Buyer.
- Specializes in procurement, cost reduction, inventory control, Material Requirement Planning (MRP) and process control.
- Manages activities of the purchasing group in the manager s absence.
- Leads cross functional teams, including planning, master scheduling, manufacturing, logistics, etc. to resolve supply related issues and improve supplier performance.
- Provides inputs to engineering, NPI or Commodity team in supplier selection and assessment.
- Drives problem analysis and corrective action from scorecard and metrics reporting. Initiates improvement activities to streamline business processes for procurement function, and drives the documentation and implementation of enhanced business processes.
- Participate or manage company-wide, multi-level, collaborative decision to set up or change cross-functional processes with other departments. Provide leadership over cross functions and complex projects for efficiencies.
- Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure highest quality at best value.
5+ Years’ Experience
Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
Experience with purchasing SOP's, GMP, JIT, ERP and should have experience with APICS principles.
Candidate should be comfortable and adept at SAP as well as Word, Powerpoint, and Excel applications.
Demonstrated successful contract supplier negotiation involving any of the following: cost reduction independent of volume increase, vendor managed inventory, supply flexibility increase
May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity in soling complex problems; using sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.