Responsible for supervision of the Materials department functions of Warehousing, Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Control in support of company objectives. Responsible for management of department functions in conformance with Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and coordinate daily activities of Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory Control staff. Manage resources to meet company objectives on time and with accuracy.
- Oversee all warehouse related activities, including Receiving, Shipping, Inventory Control and related activities.
- Manage implementation of value improvement projects in Warehouse, Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory Control with the objective of streamlining operational processes. May include management of cross functional projects.
- Participate and contribute in cross functional project meetings as Materials department area leader.
- Manage Inventory Control activities, including physical and cycle count inventories, ordering stockroom supplies, Kanban replenishment, inventory reconciliation, inventory data entry.
- Manage Receiving activities in coordination with purchasing management.
- Manage Shipping activities in coordination with customer service management.
- Organization and maintenance of stockroom and all warehouse locations, including value improvement projects for maintaining and increasing capacity and/or efficiencies.
- Manage shipping logistics with sterilization contractor.
- Responsible for functional area SOPs and Work Instructions; responsible for team compliance to applicable SOPs, work instructions and other procedures.
- Responsible for managing staff training and monitoring compliance. Responsible for any nonconformance and /or CAPA related activities associated with functional area.
- Understand and implement 5S and housekeeping principles.
- Implement Continuous Improvement program related to supply chain and materials.
- Track and publish productivity and accuracy number/charts.
- Implement department cross training program.
- Review warehouse layout for optimization and logical material flow.
- Ensure that you and functional subordinates are trained on all applicable procedures and processes according to Good Manufacturing Practices, applicable FDA and Regulatory requirements.
- Actively promote and support the company’s Management Review process.
- Inform responsible personnel of concerns involving product quality.
- Perform job functions in a safe and effective manner.
- Other duties as assigned to meet department objectives.
8+ plus years of previous warehouse/inventory/materials experience in a manufacturing environment plus a minimum of 3 years of previous supervisor experience required
APICs certification desirable – not required.
Experience with a computerized ERP system required; QAD experience a plus; working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
Excellent understanding of GMP, GDP procedures and requirements
Ability to work independently or in team setting required.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
Good interpersonal skills, effective interaction with Operations and other departments
Ability to operate a stand-up forklift.
Direct supervision of Inventory Control, Shipping, and Receiving personnel.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.