San Jose, CA US
A semiconductor company is seeking an Account Manager to join their team!
You'll will have the opportunity to provide high-quality support and develop relationships with a set of our assigned house accounts, advocating for the customer and ensuring all questions and issues are being address and communicated. This person will be representing the company in a professional and positive manner while also listening for opportunities to support the customer’s business further.
Looking for an exceptional communicator, agile problem solver, collaborative team player who is detail oriented and organized.
Within the first 45 days and ongoing:
- Learns Applied Engineering’s mission, principles, policies, and operational procedures.
- Begins to build relationships with all internal support departments, from operations to quality to engineering to learn how to best promote success with customers and learn each team’s processes.
- Shadows Account Managers to learn the techniques and different scenarios that arise with customers and by 30 days, takes the lead on at least 2 accounts, facilitating regular customer meetings and responding to questions, issues and changes as they arise.
- Is trained on the Document Change Notice process in order to format, complete, and release through the ERP system.
3 months and ongoing:
- Is Independently managing a portfolio of 6-8 customer accounts, with maximizing growth opportunity through superior customer service and staying in constant contact by providing updates on delivery times that have been delayed and when to expect products.
- Shows drive and initiative to take on more responsibility and learn the nuances to each account and is constantly thinking of ways to be more proactive in each customer’s needs. Responds to all customer inquiries within 1 week.
6 months and ongoing:
- Works independently with a growing number of accounts, ranging for 8 to 10, demonstrating self-motivation and the ability to effectively manage daily tasks.
- Becomes involved in the quoting process in partnership with the Estimating team, considering that every customer has unique expectations and requirements, while also aligning with the company's overall gross margin goals.
- Demonstrates accountability for ensuring on-time delivery for customers, partnering closely with internal departments to help ensure this happens.
12 months and ongoing:
- Is managing a portfolio of 12-15 accountings and is receiving recognition and positive feedback from customers.
- Is seen as a trusted resource and fully follows and supports Applied Engineering’s processes and is seen as a go-to for questions for colleagues and customers.
- Becomes a mentor to new Account Managers internally and provides peer-to-peer coaching and support.
- 5+ years of account management experience required;experience in contract manufacturing highly preferred
- Associate degree or equivalent experience required; Associate degree in business and/or prior account management experience preferred
- Highly proficient with computer skills working with various programs including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and ERP system required
- Technical background with the ability to read Bills of Materials, prints, etc. stronglypref’d
- Strong attention to detail, sense of urgency & excellent organization skills req’d
- Self-starter who takes initiative and collaborates with the team to manage deadlines req’d
- Able to thrive in a flexible, dynamic, fast-paced environment preferred
- Excellent customer service, problem-solving, decision-making, and leadership skills req’d
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.