Acoustic Optical Test Technician
Fremont, CA US
A manufacturing company is seeking an Acoustic Optical Test Technician to join their team in Fremont!
General Description: As a highly skilled contributor, works independently performing a variety of tasks related to acoustic optical test meeting production demands and targets. Optical components tested include but are not limited to AO modulators, AO deflectors, and AO multichannels. Performs set-up and calibration of critical test set-ups. Responsible for recording and generating test data. Determines pass or fail against test specifications, methods and procedures from prints, drawings and diagrams. Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems as required. May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing. Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
- Responsible for set up and calibration of laser test set-ups including maintaining lab space and equipment calibrations.
- Test Optical components against predetermined specifications per print.
- Troubleshoot and rework test set ups and or device failures.
- Maintain product documentation and production test data as required.
- May create work instructions and test procedures as required.
- Support and assist Engineering in development of new products and or new processes. This includes areas such as Design, Quality, and Sales providing data, running samples and or experiments.
- Ensure production priorities are met per production schedules.
- Follow cleanroom procedures when operating under cleanroom conditions.
- Provide technical support and training to other test personnel and AO manufacturing.
- May be asked to work with hazardous materials and waste including but not limited to: Acetone, Isopropyl Alcohol, and Methanol.
- Will be exposed to a variety of lasers and will be required to follow all laser safety procedures.
- May be required to provide laser safety training to department staff.
- Familiarity with databases and programs such as FMP and Labview.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with RF equipment including but not limited to spectrum analyzers, power meters, oscilloscope, and network analyzers.
- Knowledge and experience of standard Photonics tools and equipment including but not limited to lasers, detectors, lenses, and beam scanners.
- Knowledge and background in basic linear optics concepts and fundamentals including but not limited to diffraction efficiency, scatter, and insertion efficiency.
- Must have good interactive, verbal, and communicative skills.
- Must be able to work on complex jobs, use good judgement, and have self-initiative.
- Minimum AS degree in electronics or lasers preferred or 6-8 years’ work experience in related field.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.