San Jose, CA US
A telecommunications company is seeking a Buyer/Planner to join their team!
Job Summary: Responsible for planning and purchasing finished goods products from outside vendors and internal suppliers. Coordinates all activities related to procurement of materials from forecast to delivery. Plans, purchase, schedules products to support on-time shipments and customer commitments while maintaining inventory levels at optimal levels. Monitors and manages supplier relationships and conducts on-going supplier analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating/maintaining/filing purchase orders
- Communicate with vendors/suppliers on a weekly basis on deliveries
- Conduct supplier assessments
- Process DMRs/CARs/RMAs
- Actively participate in forecast meetings
- Work with other departments (PLM’s, Order fulfillment, QA, etc) on inventory issues
Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Prior experience in MRP, purchasing, expediting, or other materials management discipline is required. APICS certification preferred. Must be a self starter and able to work independently. Knowledge of SAP and Agile a plus.
- Must be professional and courteous and have strong written, oral, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work fairly independently, receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor during stressful situations.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Able to interact positively and productively across functions within the organization.
- Able to take ownership of responsibilities and actions, and effectively handle interpersonal relationships with others.
- Able to receive and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Ability and willingness to make timely decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; and include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and to consistently meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to prioritize, plan work activities, and use time efficiently.
- Able to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Able to work effectively with multiple interruptions and distractions.
- Able to follow instructions and respond to management direction.
- Able to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Education / Training:
- Requires a bachelor's degree and/or 1 -2 years of experience in a related field
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.