Contracts Program Manager
Cleveland, OH US
An Optics company is seeking a Contracts Program Manager to join their team!
There are two elements to the role. As US Contracts Manager the role holder is responsible for providing subject matter expert advice to the companies five US facilities. The role holder is also responsible for the program management of the companies crystal growth and fabrication programs.
The role holder is a professional, detail-oriented person with 10+ years’ experience in the US Government contracting field, specifically in contract administration/management and negotiation. The individual should also have experience of managing long-term projects/programs in a Government or similarly regulated environment. The candidate’s experience should include negotiating contracts, terms and pricing, and managing project/program activities from cradle to grave for US Government (essential) and Commercial (ideally) accounts. The individual must be comfortable acting as the primary interface with the project/program customers and taking responsibility for the successful delivery of a suite of contracted programs.
- Provide subject matter expert advice to the company’s US businesses with respect to US Government contracts and commercial contracts terms and conditions.
- Analyze, interpret, and negotiate contracts and agreements.
- Assist Executive Management and Sales with high-level contract negotiations.
- Ensure contract negotiations are in alignment with Company policies, procedures and delegations of authority.
- Coordinate and support DCAA/DOE and other customer audits.
- Monitor programs and contracts to verify compliance with legal requirements, ITAR regulations, etc.
- Lead all US Government proposal activity including analyzing RFP’s, RFQ’s, preparing and leading kickoff meetings, keeping departments on the proposal schedule, ensuring proposals are compliant, and timely.
- Manage contract spend and achievement against plan for the site’s crystal growth and fabrication contracts placed by US DOE and France’s Atomic Energy Commission.
- Manage all aspect of the administration of these contracts.
- Along with the site’s Operations Director, act as the primary interface with the site’s crystal growth and fabrication customers.
- Coordinate the site’s response to Request for Information and Requests For Quotes for these programs.
- Own the "gate review" process for these programs - from inception through to program conclusion.
- Act as the link between the customer and the in house engineering team with respect to the contracted deliverables and associated milestones
- Own the delivery of agreed commitments to the customer: manage issues, risks, changes and escalations to closure
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- US commercial law
- Contract administration
- Project/program management
- Customer management
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral presentation and writing skills.
Education or Substitute Experience Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Minimum Experience Required: 10 years’ experience in the field of negotiating and managing US Government contracts, and ideally commercial contracts with demonstrated experience in the file of project/program management.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.