Customer Service Representative
San Jose, CA US
A computer networking company is seeking a Customer Service Representative to join their team!
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for ensuring that all customer questions and issues are dealt with quickly in order to deliver a high level of service. This position is also responsible for providing internal support to sales personnel with regards to follow-up on customer order status, obtaining reports and information, and assisting with liaison role internally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Address internal and external customer questions and issues promptly. Issues may include order status, shipments, billing, etc. via email or thru the phone
- Provide support to sales personnel's in running their business. Support includes dealing with order status, inventory availability, various reports, etc.
- Review purchase orders for required information prior to order entry and then enter into order into our ERP system.
- Verify pricing, billing terms, and other terms and conditions, etc.
- Review open order status (backlog) multiple times throughout the day to drive related actions.
- Interface with internal departments to drive internal issues for your customers.
- Drive proactive customer service by providing inside Sales Representatives with, and for specific key accounts, follow-up with phone calls to ensure 100% customer satisfaction with Allied Telesis and its products.
- Process requests for Customer Service-related RMA’s (stock rotation, etc.)
- Process, Track and Report Evaluation Unit status
- Process, Track and Report Internal Purchase Requisitions
- Proactively interact with sales personnel in order to minimize back-end emergencies.
- Run various reports on regular and ad hoc basis
- These duties & responsibilities is not considered all-inclusive, but may include other duties as assigned by management.
Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Possess at least 5 years experience in customer service, preferably in office environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of proficiency with MS Office applications, SAP, Salesforce experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to be professional and courteous and have strong written, oral, and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Spanish preferred.
- Able to work fairly independently, receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.
- Able to maintain professional demeanor during stressful situations.
- Able to receive and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Able to interact positively and productively across functions within the organization.
- Able to manage priorities and to consistently meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to prioritize, plan work activities, and use time efficiently.
- Able to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Able to work effectively with multiple interruptions and distractions.
- Able to follow instructions and respond to management direction.
- Able to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Able to handle arising conflict over the phone.
Education / Training:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Normal office environment with moderate noise level, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- Ability to perform consistent work on a PC.
- Ability to sit, use keyboard and/or telephone 8+ hours / day, 5 days / week.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.