Cleveland, OH US
A optical manufacturer is seeking a Database Administrator to join their team in Cleveland, OH.
As part of the applications development team, the database administrator will be responsible for the maintenance and administration of the live production SQL Server instances as well as data warehouse and offsite DR instances related to live production.
- Database performance tuning and optimization to ensure all database servers meet processing requirements for performance, reliability and scalability.
- Create and maintain replicated databases and data warehouses.
- Database routines that include backup, recovery and archiving.
- Database administration to incorporate access and controls
- Create proactive monitoring and preventative action systems to ensure high availability.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with global ERP systems
- Expertise with configuring, implementing and supporting high availability SQL Server environments.
- Experience in DTS/SSIS administration, index, performance tuning and replication.
- Participation in the implementation and development of an integrated information security strategy.
- Must be able to enforce system, security and database change standards
- Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, disk subsystems including RAID and SAN commonly used in fault tolerant production environments.
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues.
- Ability to manage all DB maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
- Knowledge of stored procedures/triggers/functions to enable structured data for reporting
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Information Services (SSIS)
- 3-5 years DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server. (SQL Server 2019 experience is required)
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.