Fremont, CA US
Abiotech company is is looking for a EH&S Specialist to manage, develop, administer, and implement programs designed to reduce risks and minimize losses associated with employee safety, industrial hygiene, fire protection, environmental issues, and occupational health. This position is expected to be 80% safety related (Program Development, KPI reporting) and 20% environmental related (Waste Management, Permit Compliance).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement EHS programs to ensure compliance with local, state, federal and company requirements. Program management includes the ability to manage of the following: Environmental Permitting and Waste Management, Safety Management, Occupational Health and Biosafety Management, Fire Code and Hazardous Materials Management, Incident Investigation and CAPA Management, Contractor Safety Management, EHS related Sustainability Management, EHS Training Management, EHS KPI development and reporting management.
- Develop and conduct safety and environmental training; provide resources to ensure completion of training.
- Initiate and submit the appropriate regulatory agency reports as needed/requested.
- Partner with internal groups and assist as needed in incident investigations and development of corrective action and preventative actions.
- As needed and when appropriate, serve as a point of contact on safety, environmental and health issues on plant/departmental projects, new equipment installations, product/supply changes, etc.
- Develop programs and/or management systems to help identify and quantify EHS risks and their consequences and recommends appropriate actions.
- Assist in or develop EHS KPI’s and develop systems to measure performance.
- As needed, is a point of contact for internal and external EHS audits and inspections.
- Be the EHS point of contact for one or more departments and lead respective safety committee.
- As appropriate, coordinate waste management activities onsite and with waste vendors.
- Leads the site’s Emergency Response Team.
- This position required to work in a lab/office setting. The role requires walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 20 pounds independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science or related discipline.
- 5-12 years’ experience in environmental, health and safety.
- Manufacturing environment experience.
- Must possess sound judgment and problem-solving skills. Have strong written and verbal communication, excellent interpersonal and consulting skills, good organizational and computer skills, consistent customer orientation and a multi-disciplinary function.
- Must be able to interact with all levels in an organization.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.