Carlsbad, CA US
Richmar Staffing has recently partnered with our contract Manufacturing industry customer, who supports the medical device and capital equipment industry. Their manufacturing locations in San Jose and Carlsbad, CA are seeking an HR Generalist to join the team and report directly to the VP of Global HR.
The person in this role will work in office (not remote or hybrid) at either their Carlsbad, CA or San Jose, CA location. Carlsbad is pref’d as they do not have an HR representative at that location.
This person will be an experienced and results-driven Human Resources Generalist. This HR Generalist will use their experience in human resources to aid the organization in adding value to overall business objectives, providing HR solutions, retaining a talented workforce, and ensuring compliance with regulations. The Human Resources Group is focused on promoting employee growth and helping employees in professional development, gaining needed experience for future roles, and expanding the depth of knowledge and expertise.
As a Human Resources Generalist, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the recruiting of top talent, enhancing recruitment efforts, managing orientation and onboarding processes
- Assisting managers with performance reviews/issues and/or warnings, calculating bonuses, establishing and enforcing company policy, supporting employee development, and supporting managers in communicating roles and responsibilities to their employees
- Providing guidance and information to employees in the areas of compensation, staffing, benefits, and Company policies
- Processing payroll through ADP; which includes reconciling reports, downloading and sanitizing payroll reports for finance
- Supporting VP of Global HR with various task ranging from ordering company shirts to organizing execute dinners.
The Human Resources Generalist position is well-suited for you if you:
- Have a good understanding of business functions, good communication skills, good interpersonal skills, strategic thinking, and good organizational skills
- Improve HR initiatives, enhance morale, enhance employee relations, promote good HR practices, and attract talented recruits
- Coach leaders to build leadership capabilities in themselves and their teams
- Ensure employee relations policies are clearly understood and communicated throughout the organization
- Identify needed values and behaviors and drive organization effectiveness
- Develop communications to support the rollout and continual improvement of performance management
- Act as a peer mentor, offering advice and guidance to less experienced colleagues
Qualified candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or human resources discipline
- 4+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources in the Manufacturing, and/or Engineering Consulting industry.
- Fundamental grounding in basic HR functions including staffing, performance management, talent development, employee relations, compensation, and benefits
- Staffing experience to include scheduling interviews, screening candidates, generating offer letters, onboarding, etc.
- Extremely organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously ensuring business and reporting deadlines and demands are met in a timely manner.
- Experience working with multiple systems. ( MS Excel, ADP, ATS, proficiency required)
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- High energy level and customer service orientation, possessing excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.