Human Resources Business Partner
Fremont, CA US
A optical manufacturing company is seeking Human Resource Business Partner to join their team!
The job helps to translate business needs into HR requirements and activity to drive and implement value-adding HR initiatives in order to build capability and increase organizational effectiveness and business performance within the Site. As the HR Business Partner for Fremont, you will be responsible for leading the people related agenda, working closely with the General Manager and function managers to build their people capability, plan and manage talent and develop approaches that achieve shared Group objectives. You will be a team member of the Global HR function and responsible for ensuring relevant Group HR policies and Ways of Working are adopted and maintained at Site level.
General Responsibilities and Ways of Working include:
- Understand the people implications of the Site business plans and translate into pragmatic option/ solutions. Participate in leadership meetings as required.
- Design workforce plans with the Site leadership team
- Report on a suite of HR KPI’s and reports to meet business needs as agreed with the General Manager and Head of Global HR
- Develop and operate the company ways of working to enable the identification and hiring (from within or outside the company), motivated and capable people to fill key positions and ensure on-boarding and induction programmes are applied consistently across the Site, adopting consistent principles with the rest of the Global Sites.
- Manage the recruitment process up to the Site management team
- Support training & development programmes (eg. identifying external resource options as required) in line with Site and Group business plans.)
- Administer the Company’s performance management programmes for the Fremont populations.
- Deploy the talent pipeline, career and succession planning process in partnership with Site leadership to provide the capability needed to grow the business
- Deploy the company’s employee engagement and retention programmes and measures as required ( ie employee survey, employee recognition schemes)
- Deploy change management processes in agreement with leaders to ensure consistency and excellent execution.
- Manage employee relations matters to conclusion as required, for example, investigations and hearings.
- Provide robust, pragmatic and solid HR advice– notably employment law -and coaching to Site leadership colleagues
- Support the development of US compensation & benefits eg. 401K plans, healthcare plans (renewal planning) and interface with third party providers to ensure service is provided to the required standard. eg Gallagher, ADP, Principal
- Undertake HR function projects or support business improvement programmes as required as part of the Global HR team.
Site HR responsibilities include:
- Preparation & administration for recruitment e.g. advertising, resume screening, recruitment requisitions, job offer packets, back-ground checks
- Undertake on-boarding, orientation/induction of new hires in line with prescribed procedures
- Generate and maintain employee files and records ( manual and automated eg. in ADP)
- End to end processing of Fremont payroll (hands-on preparation) liaising with internal Shared Services organization and third party Payroll service and administer data to process, produce reports and file.
- Preparation of various payroll related reports for management.
- Create and run reports using the company HR systems (e.g. ADP, ACTUS, AAP reporting)
- Administer the Site healthcare plan open enrolment process.
- Undertake pre-defined administration associated with the G&H Health & Wellness Program, the company's BAC program
- Assisting, advising the Site management team on the deployment of prescribed HR processes, policy and procedures including annual employee surveys
- Support administration of prescribed annual HR processes (including appraisals, salary review and bonuses) in accordance with pre-defined authority levels.
- Liaise with G&H Head of Global HR where required about any issues regarding employees/employment strategy and policy.
- Coordination & monitoring of Time & Attendance, absence & holiday processes for Site employees; ensure accuracy and compliance with laws and Company policies.
- Ensure HR policy documents (for example, Site handbook) are up to date & compliant with California employment legislation and company policies in consultation with Site management.
- Deal with routine HR enquiries and employee behavioural issues where necessary
- Maintain training records as applicable.
- Proven experience working at HRBP level within a manufacturing environment. Some experience of working within a matrix organization would be desirable (but not essential).
- Proven experience and knowledge of California employment law.
- Demonstrable experience/ potential of delivering on all responsibilities as defined above with special bias on:
- Recruitment within a manufacturing and / or engineering sectors
- Change management and employee communications in a business growth environment.
- Numerate; cost-management experience
- Hands on, solid administrative skills and experience of working with HRIS and data provision to payroll.
- Demonstrative ability to influence others at all levels
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- SHRM diploma
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.