Human Resources Business Partner
Santa Clara, CA
A commercial office furniture dealership is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join their team!
This role will support the Operations team as the dedicated HR Business Partner while supporting corporate HR projects and initiatives. This includes learning the business objectives of the internal client while serving as a trusted advisor to management and team; interpreting and applying company policies and procedures; conducting employee investigations; assisting employees with HR related questions; and assisting with corporate HR projects and initiatives.
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serves as HR Business Partner to the client group and partners with Human Resources team to deliver corporate HR services and assist with project related tasks. This will include:
- Consultation and advocacy: Primary role will be to advise and provide consultation to the Operations team. Understand the division’s business and provide guidance and support in alignment with business objectives. In addition, ensure client group is appropriately advised on matters involving corporate initiatives, processes, and policies.
- HR Support: Serve as a valued resource for both employees and managers regarding all aspects of the employment life cycle, including but not limited to: Job performance, benefits, compensation, training and development, complaints, and grievances.
- Employee Relations: Coach and provide guidance to employees and managers in people and performance management principles and practices. Provide counsel when grievances and issues arise.
- Compliance: Ensure that HR and company policies are followed and adhered to, in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Organizational Development: Be an active proponent of and supporter of corporate change initiatives. Ensure assigned internal leaders are driving change with their teams.
- Training: Support training initiatives and conduct facilitations as needed for client group.
- Projects: Assist with various corporate HR projects and research as needed.
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant and recent experience in all of the competencies described above.
- Proven ability to interface effectively with various ranges of the company from entry level to management.
- HR certification (PHR/SPHR/GPHR) is preferred.
- A diverse HR background, covering the areas and disciplines described above.
- Experience with various employee relations issues for both exempt and non-exempt personnel. Preferred experience includes investigations, conflict resolution, and mediations.
- Working knowledge and experience with current employment and labor laws, at the federal, CA state, and local/municipality levels.
- Able to understand and communicate the company’s programs.
- High energy, “roll up your sleeves” style.
- Highly effective communication skills, written and verbal. Ability to communicate in Spanish both written and verbal is highly desirable.
- Able to juggle frequently changing priorities with confidence and grace.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience and comfortable in a consultative role.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Dedication and commitment to promote diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in all work activities.
- Ability to collaborate in diverse teams to foster productive outcomes.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.