Fremont, CA US
A semiconductor company is seeking a Industrial Engineer to join their team!
This role finds ways to eliminate wastefulness in production processes. Devises efficient ways to use workers, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or provide a service.
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities
- Partnering with stakeholders to identify opportunities for area improvements in reference to cycle time, manufacturing efficiency, capacity planning, and productivity
- Using statistical analysis to optimize performance metrics and audit manufacturing capacity information
- Designing and coordinating projects, including developing business processes with other departments
- Partnering with management to develop applications to improve production metrics
- Partnering with stakeholders to support supply and demand changes
- Presenting findings and recommending solutions and gaps
- Serving as data and report consultants with customers and stakeholders
- Driving innovation by researching and using new data modeling techniques or tools
- Driving projects to ensure that deliverables are completed within the required time frame
- Identifying best-known-methods (BKMs) and sharing them locally and globally
- Developing best practices, reports, dashboards, and other data visualizations
- Participates in machine run-offs; ensures that designs are followed and discrepancies are resolved.
- Oversees a process of change orders; verifies that process is well-documented and followed.
- Support the Design Team in one new product development initiative per year; providing analysis of costs and design efficiencies.
- Implements a system of drawing standards across the product line
- Work with Supply Chain to standardize major components within defined categories
- Participates in pre-sale process testing to identify requirements and develop process specific to our customer’s needs. Design process-specific solutions when required
- Confers with clients about product specifications, vendors about purchases, management personnel about manufacturing capabilities, and staff about the status of projects.
- Develops cost comparisons of alternate processes, parts, tooling, equipment, or systems within Operation.
Education and Experience
- BS/MS in industrial Engineering.
- 5 years of related experience of solid industrial engineering experience, preferably with machine shops and box build activities.
- 5 years of related experience industrial engineering experience and manufacturing.
- Be good at reworking parts with very small features
- Strong experience with AutoCAD, floor layouts, Facilities knowledge.
- Lean Manufacturing, project management.
- Single piece flow, work cell layout.
- Ability to design, develop, implement and improve integrated systems that included people, materials, information, equipment and cost.
- Capable of performing root cause analysis to determine cause and solutions to various technical manufacturing issues.
- Product costing knowledge and ability to identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Project, Database software/Access, Excel, and Word software.
- This position requires and intermediate to advanced skill level with CAD software or any software dealing with plant layouts and process flow mapping.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.