Laser Alignment Technician
San Jose, CA US
A manufacturing company is seeking mutiple Laser Alignment Technicians to join their team!
Summary: Reporting to the production manager with direction from the production lead, the Laser Alignment Technician will be expected assemble a variety of electronic equipment with minimal supervision following applicable instructions and procedures with minimal supervision. Continual documentation of assembly progress and communication with quality assurance of required inspections and non-conformance issues is expected. You will be responsible for assisting in maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the production workspace. Additional duties within the scope of the candidate’s abilities and position may be assigned by the production manager.
- Understand and configure electro-mechanical component installations through utilizing BOM, drawings and schematics
- Perform electro-mechanical repair, troubleshoot wiring and testing modified semi-complex assemblies with no supervision required on standard projects
- Communicate effectively, recommend changes on document where applicable to actual wiring and mechanical build of assembly
- Perform self-inspection according to Manufacturing checklist
- Identify problems and bring them to the attention of the Manufacturing Engineers and/or the Supervisor.
- Document problems and solutions related to assembly.
- Check equipment for calibration status, expired materials, follows all ESD and other general housekeeping procedures
- Detail oriented. Must be able to read and follow written instructions, schematics and diagrams correctly.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English - reading, writing and verbal communication.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be able to stand and walk for a minimum of 2.5 hours at a time.
- Availability to work OT when required.
- Provide guidance and training to entry level personnel.
- Locate and verify information in the MRP system.
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Ability to read and work from both mechanical and wiring diagrams and written instructions
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in electrical circuitry and some basic exposure to electronic circuits
- Ability to understand and configure electro-mechanical component requirements through assembly work order instructions, BOM, drawing and schematics
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to perform complex rework, test, troubleshooting of both mechanical and electrical assemblies
- Familiarity with the use of various electronic components (i.e. multi meter, crimping tools, soldering, and mechanical hand tools (i.e. power screw/nut driver, hand drill, caliper, etc.)
- Good oral and written communication skills and good math skills
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 25 pounds
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.