Manufacturing Production Planner
San Jose, CA US
A semiconductor company is seeking a Manufacturing Production Planner to join their team!
You'll will have the opportunity to assist in the planning and expediting of work from sales orders through the production floor. This role will report to the Planning and Inventory Control Manager working closely with material handlers, purchasing, the quality department, the accounting department through the full life cycle of the production process.
Looking for an exceptional communicator, collaborative team player who has a positive outlook and is naturally curious and can tap into extreme focus.
Within the first 30 days and ongoing:
- Learns Applied Engineering’s mission, principles, policies, and operational procedures.
- Meets and begins to build rapport with the material handlers, production, sales and accounting departments to learn the best approach and communication with each.
- Attends and observes semi-weekly material status update meetings with the warehouse team and Planning and Inventory Control Mgr to discuss inventory levels of materials needed.
- Learns and becomes familiar with how Applied Engineering uses the Visual ERP system.
- By 60 days, partners with the production and sales departments and begins to update weekly production reports “shortages and WO status” with approval and feedback from the PM.
3 months and ongoing:
- Visits the warehouse to meet and observe the warehouse team to learn processes and discuss how things function and gain awareness on what can be done to create more efficient processes in planning to help the warehouse team.
- Collaborates with a member of the planning team to create DCN for approval and implementation (ensure through inventory transactions work orders, material, document links are updated and/or removed from WIP and inventory).
- At 4 months, is independent in performing month-end closing procedures in a timely manner and is responsible for communicating to the accounting department.
6 months and ongoing:
- Is completely autonomous in the role by independently approaching work orders and all internal processes, identifying issues, and then bringing the issue to the Inventory and Control Manager or PM with a report of the current state and ideas on how to resolve the issue or increase efficiency to be signed off by the Inventory and Control Manager.
- Successfully communicates with team members and customers with regular status updates, is committed to deadlines ensuring timely execution throughout the production process and is consistent with follow through.
- At 9 months, begins to participate in cross functional training to assess ability to lead aspects of jobs or team members.
12 months and ongoing:
- Creates a plan with leadership and begins to take on responsibilities to lead aspects of the job or team members that make sense for the team.
- Receives performance metrics determined by work order performance, on-time delivery performance, inventory accuracy to review and create SMART goals to increase efficiency and effectiveness for the year.
- Is seen as an independent and valued team member, showing good judgment when taking care of daily tasks.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business management or related fie req’d
- Proven experience and advanced understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel (pivot tables, formulas, vertical Lookup) required
- 4+ years’ of experience in high level supply chain planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics in manufacturing or operations environment required
- Proven experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and Inventory Mgmt. req’d
- Displays the ability to work on a small team and independently required
- Demonstrates a strong ability in time management, organization and self-motivated required
- Proven ability in effective written and verbal communication required
- Comply with company policies and safety regulations a must
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.