Fremont, CA US
A manufacturing company is looking for a detail-oriented, results-driven Production Manager to join its South Bay facility which designs and builds a diverse range of Acousto-Optics (AO) and Electronic Drivers for Industrial, A&D and Life Sciences customers worldwide.
Reporting to the site’s General Manager, the Production Manager will budget, plan and manage Production personnel, equipment and other resources to meet Sales and Cost goals in a safe and efficient manner. The open position directly manages a team of Production Planners, Supervisors and Leads to help collect inputs and implement actions to meet area targets. The candidate will also work closely with Engineering, Maintenance and Quality to coordinate and direct resources to resolve yield, NPI/development and/or equipment issues and help drive longer-term improvements in the facility. Finally, the candidate will work with Supply Chain to ensure needed supplies are maintained in the facility at the best price.
The manufacturing configuration is high value-add/BOM-intensive, meaning raw materials come in at low levels, and are then transformed in-house through mechanical cutting/grinding/polishing, vacuum deposition (anti-reflective; electroding), final assembly & test. The product make-up is also high-mix/low-to-medium volume, meaning production equipment & resources are re-allocated each week dependent on the demand profile.
This client is a leader in the broader field of Optics, and is always looking for exceptional candidates with capacity for career growth.
- Plans, sets and communicates build priorities to all Areas/levels to meet Production goals for on-time delivery, quality and cost
- Drives execution/implementation of the build priorities on the Production Floor with Supervisors and Technicians to ensure optimized capacity loading and active constraint management
- Communicates what will ship in the current Month during weekly SO Demand Fulfilment (Ship Plan)
- Establishes with the Site General Manager budgets for supplies, manpower and equipment within the area
- Is responsible for meeting cost targets established during Budgeting. Responsible also for reviewing and maintaining standard costs as a tool to control manufacturing variances to target
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure efficient operations
- Works closely with Engineering and Maintenance personnel to resolve yield, equipment and other 'hot' issues, in addition to coordinating resources for major PM's and/or longer-term improvement projects/expansions
- Works closely with Supply Chain to ensure adequate, cost-efficient supplies are available when needed
Skills & Experience
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Operations Management or related field. APICS or related coursework can also apply
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience, or college degree or equivalent, with 5 years related experience
- Strong Master Planning/Scheduler or equivalent background given the product lines are high-mix/low-to-medium volume, with much of the value added being done in-house (BOM intensive)
- Excellent production planning skills from annual budgeting down thru developing weekly Build Plans
- Excellent day-to-day work-flow management skills. Able to adapt work-flow to changing constraints to minimize impact on deliveries and costs
- Excellent personnel management skills required
- Competency in ISO9001 and ISO 14000. Knowledge of Lean/Visual manufacturing environment a plus
- Able to interpret mechanical drawings with linear, angular and conformal tolerances
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.