Carlsbad, CA US
Richmar Staffing has recently partnered with our contract Manufacturing industry customer, who supports the medical device and capital equipment industry. Their Carlsbad, CA is seeking a Production Planner join the team and assist the procurement and manufacturing team to meet key deliverables for their clients. The person in this role will work in office (not remote or hybrid).
We are looking for an experienced Planner to join our Carlsbad facility. You will be responsible for determining requirements based on engineering orders, scheduling manufacturing, and procuring materials that support both engineering and production schedules. Ensures customer orders are met through on-time delivery of quality materials, reduction of lead time and total cost, supply chain control and maintaining inventory at planned levels. May include but not limited to assigned commodities, suppliers and/or material and parts.
- Determines material and manufacturing requirements from customer orders, engineering, and production schedules.
- Plans for wide variety of materials, components, equipment, and services.
- Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules as well as MRP and MPS output to meet cost targets.
- Plans, schedules, and monitors supplier deliveries on materials needed for the production loading requirements to meet customer orders.
- Monitors and maintains inventory at planned levels, while working to minimize excess and obsolete materials.
- Present options to management to meet customer and manufacturing needs.
- Develops specifications for new contracts and purchase orders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Desired 4-5 years of related experience.
- Strong MRP / planning skills
- Strong Excel and computer skills
- Strong purchasing negotiating skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent communication skills,
- Excellent cooperation and teamwork skills,
- Good judgement and initiative,
- able to maintain positive helpful and cooperative working relationship with all departments of the organization.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.