Milpitas, CA US
A semiconductor company is seeking a Production Supervisor to join their team!
The Production Supervisor will manage and lead the efforts in the manufacturing development of innovative metrology systems for the semiconductor manufacturing industry from inception through product release until end of life.
- Provide bridge between Sales Operations and Manufacturing in product configuration management
- Methodical troubleshooting and management/optimization of manufacturing operations
- Development and management of fixtures and calibration procedures
- Validation of content & vetting of procedures from development engineering to manufacturing
- Construct and adhere to schedule and plans
- Provide process leadership to insure the development of manufacturing of high-quality products utilizing advanced engineering methods and technology
- Identify opportunities and present solutions to improve process flow
- Participate as a key member of the Operations management team and offer recommended product strategies based on the company's capabilities and the needs of the market
- Prepare and present clear and understandable reports to members of senior management regarding status, progress, issues, mitigation plans and suggested solutions
- Responsible for communicating production status, part shortages, interruptions, delays and stoppages encountered to internal customers and manufacturing leadership.
- Provide leadership and coaching that foster high team morale and effectiveness.
- Develop and cross-train team members to support operational plans; ensure training plans are effective and documented.
- Participate in tactical planning process.
- Lead and/or facilitate continuous improvement efforts and projects and incorporate continuous improvement into the daily operations.
- Talent management including recruitment, coaching, development, and training.
- Maintain neat and clean work areas and ensure compliance with safety and 5S standards; ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Works regularly in a Class 100/1,000/10,000 cleanroom environment.
- Meet goals and metrics that include Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Productivity.
- A BS in Engineering or related technical (or equivalent knowledge) and 6+ years directly related experience
- Experience in a leadership role
- Solid understanding of New Product Introduction (NPI) process
- Experience with Lean Process improvements.
- Lean Black belt Desirable.
- Experience with DFx as it intersects with Manufacturing processes & methods
- Leadership skills that are critical to success including vision, judgment, integrity and the ability to inspire others
- Strong sense of urgency, organization, and accountability
- Experience with industry standard troubleshooting methods such as 8D
- Self-motivated and self-starting disposition
- Exceptional oral, interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with capable leadership to manage and lead a team of engineers
- Problem solving, and creative skillset including the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate, quantitative, and timely analysis
- Semiconductor Capital equipment development/engineering background preferred
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.