RF Test Technician
Fremont, CA US
A optical manufacturer is seeking a RF Test Technician to join their team!
- As a highly skilled contributor, works independently performing a variety of tasks related to acoustic optical test meeting production demands and targets.
- Optical components tested include but are not limited to AO modulators, AO deflectors, and AO multichannels.
- Performs set-up and calibration of critical test set-ups. Responsible for recording and generating test data.
- Determines pass or fail against test specifications, methods and procedures from prints, drawings and diagrams.
- Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems as required.
- May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing.
- Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems.
- May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
- Responsible for set up and calibration of laser test set-ups including maintaining lab space and equipment calibrations.
- Test Optical components against predetermined specifications per print.
- Troubleshoot and rework test set ups and or device failures.
- Maintain product documentation and production test data as required.
- May create work instructions and test procedures as required.
- Support and assist Engineering in development of new products and or new processes. This includes areas such as Design, Quality, and Sales providing data, running samples and or experiments.
- Ensure production priorities are met per production schedules.
- Follow cleanroom procedures when operating under cleanroom conditions.
- Provide technical support and training to other test personnel and AO manufacturing.
- May be asked to work with hazardous materials and waste including but not limited to: Acetone, Isopropyl Alcohol, and Methanol.
- Will be exposed to a variety of lasers and will be required to follow all laser safety procedures.
- May be required to provide laser safety training to department staff.
- Familiarity with databases and programs such as FMP and Labview.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with RF equipment including but not limited to spectrum analyzers, power meters, oscilloscope, and network analyzers.
- Knowledge and experience of standard Photonics tools and equipment including but not limited to lasers, detectors, lenses, and beam scanners.
- Knowledge and background in basic linear optics concepts and fundamentals including but not limited to diffraction efficiency, scatter, and insertion efficiency.
- Must have good interactive, verbal, and communicative skills.
- Must be able to work on complex jobs, use good judgement, and have self-initiative.
- Minimum AS degree in electronics or lasers preferred or 6-8 years’ work experience in related field.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.