Senior GL Accountant
San Jose, CA US
A networking hardware company is seeking a Senior GL Accountant to join their team!
- Prepare accrual journal entries for PTO, Capitalized Overhead, Freight, and others.
- Foreign Exchange bookings
- File sales and use taxes (monthly and quarterly) and answer inquiries on tax related items to audit.
- File annual property tax statements and other statutory filings (i.e. Delaware and Illinois Secretary of State). Support property tax audit requests
- Prepare Deferred Revenue journal entries and schedule
- Maintain Fixed Asset Database
- Track Construction in process
- Prepare monthly report of intercompany balance and submit to Parent Company
- Prepare monthly separated trial balance, inventory and fixed assets details for Parent Company
- Resolve month-end discrepancies between subsidiaries in North America, Europe and Asia
- Support quarterly and year end financial statement audit
- Other project as assigned
Experience, Skills, Education:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or finance
- 3 or more years experience as a Sr. Accountant
- Strong technical background with a solid understanding of GAAP
- Proactive approach to problem solving; self-starter able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Good documentation and organization skills
- Great team attitude with willingness to help others
- Able to work in a changing fast paced environment
- Intermediate to advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SAP applications.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.