Shipping and Receiving/Stock Clerk
A optical manufacturer company is seeking a Shipping and Receiving/Stock Clerk to join their team!
Responsible for tracking inventory levels, handling all aspects of shipping and receiving, and keeping accurate records. On the shipping side, package items, print labels, weigh packages and determine appropriate postage. As receiving clerks, they are responsible for comparing bills of lading against actual merchandise received, inspecting for damaged goods and, once approved, distributing merchandise to the correct departments.
- Determines method of shipment and prepares bills, invoices and other shipping documents
- Receives merchandise - checks and signs delivery slips, and assists with unloading as necessary
- Inspects and verifies incoming goods against invoices or other documents, records shortages and rejects damaged goods
- Accepts or returns merchandise according to established company procedures. Calculates prices according to guidelines, and affixes bar codes, prices, and security tags as necessary.
- Organizes distribution and shipping of merchandise. Makes necessary verifications against documents, unpacks and routes goods to appropriate storage areas. Handles customer pick-ups.
- May operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
- Maintains internal record-keeping systems such as cycle counting.
- Contacts resource people for various information. Contacts transport companies and suppliers in order to expedite, trace or return merchandise that does not conform to specifications or purchase orders.
- Assembles containers and crates, packs goods to be shipped and prepares identifying information and shipping instructions
- Knows safe storage and handling procedures for various chemicals and materials
- Knows proper shipping procedures for transportation of dangerous goods
- May perform Production Control activities as needed such as kitting work orders for Production.
- May also be responsible from a logistics and/or traffic standpoint for import-export licensing, ensuring legal compliance with regulations and government rules, and coordinating domestic and international shipments.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-4 years experience in related field.
- Computer literate, excellent organization skills and communication skills, good judgement and imitative, able to maintain positive helpful and cooperative working relationship with all departments of the organization. Able to lift 50+ lbs.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.