Sunnyvale, CA US
A manufacturing company is seeking a Sr. Buyer/Planner to join their team!
- Procure all raw materials, electrical components for PCBA Analyses inventory consumption and set Min/Max points according balancing availability and cost of inventory.
- Negotiate with vendor and Contract manufacture for quote in pricing and lead time. Works with suppliers on order status, quality, terms of delivery, contract provisions.
- Expedites to ensure adherence to inventory guideline.
- Perform vendor analyses comparison to determine which vendor are aware of business plans the purchase of raw materials on PCBA’s and other electronic components based upon inventory stock schedules along with information obtained from company sales and production forecasts.
- Reviews on a daily basis, MRP (Material Review Planner) to assist in the scheduling and planning of purchases of PCBA assemblies.
- Working clear to build, releasing orders and reporting information to Operations/Program Management.
- Provide regular status updates of material availability and shortages as required to meet production schedules.
- Ensure consistency between customer demand information and production build schedules.
- Perform material and capacity analysis; Work with Scheduler to establish a production schedule for each order and communicate/resolve issues related to discrepancies between the requested and promised due date.
- Analyze potential impact of forecast and production schedule changes on component procurement and production volume.
- Manage open Purchase Orders and Work Orders to ensure proper closure.
- Resolve issues, invoice discrepancies and coordinate rework and return as needed.
- Develop schedules in accordance with operational schedules, manpower capabilities and physical resources of Manufacturing Engineering, Production Test and Support, Assembly, Test Engineering and Material Services.
- Ensure that Supplier build forecasts are correct and delivered on time.
- Review and process ECO, RWK and NCR on implemented stage, audit work order to meet the required changes.
- Maintain a 4 to 6 week Planned Work Backlog maximum, field investigate work orders as necessary.
- Provide material management support for projects.
- Coordinate all aspects of the supply chain escalation.
- Set Up ASL (Approved Supplier List)
- Followed up regarding all Return Merchandise Authorization and rework in timely manner.
- Planned and maintained inventory levels of current stock to ensure adequate supply chain for each design phase to meet schedule board build forecast without shortages.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.