Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Fremont, CA US
A semiconductor company is seeking multiple Sr. Manufacturing Engineers with specializing in either integration, fabrication, welding and more!
Senior level manufacturing engineer supporting New Product Introduction, New Product Development, Sustaining production and transfer released designs to production and other company sites as required for assigned projects. Sr. Mfg Engineer will be the primary technical interface with customers and internal company team on assigned projects. Interface with R&D, program management and other cross-functional team members as part of the NPI team. Provide Technical project leadership support to Program Management to generate a Project plan with timeline to ensure customer expectations are met. Perform DFx and VAVE on assigned projects, identify and develop tooling, fixtures and non-standard manufacturing processes to ensure customer requirements are met. Develop PFMEA, Work Instructions, Line Layout and setup with heavy emphasis on LEAN manufacturing principles.
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities:
New Product Development
- Be the operations project lead that can represent manufacturing, procurement, planning & logistics in addition to manufacturing engineering in NPI core team meetings.
- Lead manufacturing engineering support for new product development activities, interface with R&D to translate design requirements to manufacturable processes.
- Provide DFM/DFA feedback based on early prototype builds to achieve consistent manufacturable processes.
- Lead the transfer of design changes from design engineering to manufacturing.
- Conduct IQ/OQ/PQ and/or other similar qualification and oversee verification and validation of new designs or changed processes, assembly & test fixtures
- Hands on knowledge of creating process flowcharts, PFMEA & Process Control plans.
- Develops supports, maintains, and improves assembly/test procedures, tools, and programs for existing processes, electro-mechanical assemblies, and final products.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and develop test and assembly fixtures for electro-mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Interface with key/critical suppliers, review their processes to ensure smooth product launch.
- Communicate changes to manufacturing personnel. Assure unique training requirements are met.
- May be assigned to a newly acquired site or contract manufacturer to gain process knowledge to support and/or transfer knowledge to a different internal site and/or supplier.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Sustaining Product Support
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with mechanical components (cast, machined, molded, sheet metal etc.), motors, cable harnesses, PCB(A)s and other electro-mechanical components and sub-assemblies.
Sustaining Product Support
- Performs root cause analysis & recommends corrective actions to address manufacturing issues.
- Continuously work to improve manufacturing methods, efficiency and product quality.
- Practice LEAN techniques and be able to facilitate lean kaizens.
- Accountable for maintenance of process documentation & KPI(s) for the assigned product line(s).
- Work closely with production supervision to ensure timely resolution of daily issues.
- Work closely with operations teams such as procurement, quality control, planning and logistics.
- Interface with suppliers and quality engineering to resolve supplier quality issues.
- Monitor quality reports and field performance of assigned product line, identify trends, investigate problems and implement corrective actions.
- Actively supports and adheres to the Quality Policy and Quality System procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate with hourly team members, mid and upper management.
- Other duties related to above may be required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- 8 years of related experience industrial engineering experience and manufacturing.
- Be good at reworking parts with very small features
- Ability to design, develop, implement and improve integrated systems that included people, materials, information, equipment and cost.
- Capable of performing root cause analysis to determine cause and solutions to various technical manufacturing issues.
- Product costing knowledge and ability to identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Project, Database software/Access, Excel, and Word software.
- This position requires and intermediate to advanced skill level with CAD software or any software dealing with plant layouts and process flow mapping.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.