Sr. Supply Chain Manager
Fremont, CA US
An optical manufacturing company is seeking a Sr. Supply Chain Manager to join their team!
- Planning and Order Management: responsible for activities to ensure that materials and services are ordered in time to meet scheduled requirements. This includes: top-level demand planning through use of MPS and MRP, order confirmation and delivery, monitoring on-time delivery and implementing appropriate inventory strategies.
- Purchasing: responsible for purchasing operations (MRO, direct and indirect materials) including contract negotiation and review, vendor compliance, strategic supply base management and outsourcing.
- Physical Logistics: receiving - ensure receipt of all inbound deliveries in an efficient, timely and accurate manner, including disposition of customer returns and non-compliant parts; shipping (including import/export compliance and control) - responsible for the timely delivery of customer orders; overall responsibility for inventory accuracy, including ABC analysis, physical inventory / cycle-count program and general warehousing/stockroom management; identify excess/obsolete inventory and implement plan for disposal; provide timely and accurate production line replenishment; responsible for transit management, including selection and performance metrics.
- Management and development of staff (including):Supervise and direct the activities for Responsible for Buyer/Planners and Purchasing. Establish operational objectives and assignments and delegating assignments to subordinates. Promote team environment within functional area. Secure and develop a potential successor. Provide development or disciplinary actions as required.
- Documentation and training: Development of supply chain standards, procedures and compliance with OSHA, ISO and other federal and international standards. Establish departmental procedures and work instructions to support these efforts and train employees as required.
- Monitoring and Controlling: Produce and analyze reports to measure the effectiveness of supply chain processes. Establish and report to senior management key performance indicators relative to Supply Chain Management minimally on a monthly basis.
Skills & Qualifications
- BS or BA in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or equivalent. APICS or ISM Certification highly desirable (CPIM, CIRM, CSCM, C.P.M.).
- 5 years related experience, with at least 2 years direct management experience. Competency in ISO9001 and/or Lean Manufacturing a plus.
- Ability to manage or lead projects of varying complexity and size both in series and parallel.
- General logistics experience and working knowledge of Import and Export regulations for U.S. and international shipping.
- Extensive experience with ERP systems.
- Knowledge of PC based software for writing documents, managing projects and performing calculations, e-mail, etc.; experience with Visio, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Access desired. Heavy use of EXCEL
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.