Thin Flims Tech III
Fremont, CA US
A manufacturing company is seeking a Thin Flim Technician III to join their team!
As a skilled contributor, works independently performing a variety of tasks related to Thin Films fabrication coating and or applying metal layers to polished surfaces. Set up and operate a variety of automatic and or semi-automatic equipment used in the Thin Films area including but not limited to vacuum equipment such as AR coater, metalizer, and bonder. Works from process travelers, prints, and or written/verbal instructions to perform a variety of production tasks which include, cleaning, loading, and inspecting crystal substrates against predetermined specifications. May assist and perform technical tests and experiments for process and design engineers related to developmental projects, yield improvement, and or equipment maintenance. Process steps may include data collection, recording data in log books/charts, and updating graphs. May provide technical assistance, training, and support to others as required.
- As a skilled individual, responsible for understanding, maintaining, and operating critical equipment such as AR coater, bonder, and metalizer.
- Clean and inspect crystal products followed by set up and loading into pre-determined tooling.
- Process critical product per print and recipes.
- Follow cleanroom procedures when operating under cleanroom conditions.
- May assist in the development of new processes and products.
- May provide technical support and training to other test personnel and in AO manufacturing.
- May assist in periodic PM’s.
- Will be exposed to hazardous materials and waste including but not limited to: Acetone, Isopropyl Alcohol, and Methanol.
- Some heavy lifting required up to 10 lbs.
- Experience with vacuum equipment and operations.
- Good dexterity and QC skills including cleaning and inspection by use of microscope.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and strong math skills.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with equipment including but not limited to stereoscopes, high powered scopes, Temescal, hyber-aligner, and spectrophotometer.
- Knowledge and background in basic vacuum technology concepts and fundamentals preferred.
- Familiarity with databases and programs such as FMP and Labview a plus.
- Must show good judgement when working on complex jobs or problems.
- AS degree or certification in related field preferred or 5-7 years’ work experience in related field.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.