Thin Flims Tech
Fremont, CA US
A optics company is seeking a Thin Film Technician to join their team!
- You'll work independently performing a variety of tasks related to Thin Films fabrication coating and or applying metal layers to polished surfaces.
- Set up and operate a variety of automatic and or semi-automatic equipment used in the Thin Films area including but not limited to vacuum equipment such as AR coater, metalizer, and bonder.
- Works from process travelers, prints, and or written/verbal instructions to perform a variety of production tasks which include, cleaning, loading, and inspecting crystal substrates against predetermined specifications.
- May assist and perform technical tests and experiments for process and design engineers related to developmental projects, yield improvement, and or equipment maintenance.
- Process steps may include data collection, recording data in log books/charts, and updating graphs.
- May provide technical assistance, training, and support to others as required.
- As a skilled individual, responsible for understanding, maintaining, and operating critical equipment such as AR coater, bonder, and metalizer.
- Clean and inspect crystal products followed by set up and loading into pre-determined tooling.
- Process critical product per print and recipes.
- Follow cleanroom procedures when operating under cleanroom conditions.
- May assist in the development of new processes and products.
- May provide technical support and training to other test personnel and in AO manufacturing.
- May assist in periodic PM’s.
- Will be exposed to hazardous materials and waste including but not limited to: Acetone, Isopropyl Alcohol, and Methanol.
- Some heavy lifting required up to 10 lbs.
- Experience with vacuum equipment and operations.
- Good dexterity and QC skills including cleaning and inspection by use of microscope.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and strong math skills.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with equipment including but not limited to stereoscopes, high powered scopes, Temescal, hyber-aligner, and spectrophotometer.
- Knowledge and background in basic vacuum technology concepts and fundamentals preferred.
- Familiarity with databases and programs such as FMP and Labview a plus.
- Must show good judgement when working on complex jobs or problems.
- AS degree or certification in related field preferred or 5-7 years’ work experience in related field.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.