San Jose, CA US
A semiconductor company is seeking a Warehouse Manager to join their team!
Manage the proper handling, routing, kitting, and stocking of all raw materials and finished goods entering or leaving the facility. Manage all shipping and receiving activities and ensure the stockroom inventory is properly and accurately maintained. Ensure all jobs and materials are properly kitted on time to meet internal and external customer requirements.
Develops work schedules, and monitors employee performance. Trains employees, and ensures policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintain accurate and organized stockroom and kitting areas
- Ensure accurate and timely receipt of materials into the building from Vendors or Customers
- Ensure the proper and timely shipment and delivery of finished goods to customers
- Issue and kit materials against work orders released to the floor by Planning
- Ensure material work order shortages are filled ASAP to support manufacturing builds
- Expedite materials internally to support both planning and manufacturing requirements
- Facilitate the proper routing of Raw Materials and WIP from receiving through to shipping
- Ensure the proper creation of packing lists and bills of lading for all product shipping to customers
- Support manufacturing and production control, as needed, by packaging product for outside process or for shipment to customers
- Maintain accurate Stock Room inventory lists with the use of cycle counting and regular physical inventory audits
- Perform month end closing procedures in a timely manner to support the Acctg Dept
- Participate in hiring decision of new employees and monitor employee performance.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and WI, Procedures for Internal and External audit.
- Update WI, Procedures for Internal and External audit.
- Conduct performance evaluations and administer corrective action when appropriate.
- Warehouse Manager is expected to train new employees on equipment operation, shipping, receiving, loading, unloading, and other warehouse responsibilities.
- Provide backup in absence of manager, and backup other employees, performing any functions needed in assigned area.
- Set a positive example for employees by demonstrating safe work habits, dependability, and commitment to perform quality work.
- Assist in leading safety meetings and implementing safety initiatives.
- Keep staff well informed of new WI’s, procedures and any others changes.
- Responsible for overseeing inventory control and cycle counts and reconcile.
- Address and resolve customer service issues as they arise.
- May compile and analyze data and reports related to warehouse operations.
- Complete other assignments and projects as required by management.
- Manage hourly and temporary employees.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring decisions.
- Authority to administer corrective action and recommend pay increases.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Solid understanding and work experience in Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Thorough understanding and extensive work experience in Inventory Management
- General understanding of manufacturing processes and the critical role material management has in the successful on-time build of product
- Self-motivated and able to perform job requirements with little to no supervision
- Ability and desire to work meticulously and demonstrate consistent attention to detail
- Ability to monitor own work to ensure quality
- Organized and efficient in time-management, capable of multi-tasking
- Good verbal, written, and computer communication skills
- Proficiency in PC Windows and Microsoft Office
Physical Requirements: Required to stand and walk as a normal daily work posture. Must use hands to finger, handle, or feel and manipulate various work-pieces. Must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
For more than forty years, Richmar Associates has connected talented job seekers with Silicon Valley businesses from start-ups to Fortune 500. We specialize in the temporary and direct placement services business. Based in the Silicon Valley, Richmar offers staffing solutions that include temporary, temp-to-hire, payroll service, vendor management and direct placement services to clients in the High-Tech Industry.
Richmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.